Spending too much time in front of a computer, smartphone, tablet screen causes headaches, fatigue, blurred vision, loss of focus, head and neck pain.
Nowadays everyone spends a lot of time in front of the screen; be it a computer screen, mobile screen or TV screen. This is affecting our eyes badly. Although it can take years to be noted problematic for our #Eyes, we need to watch carefully right now to prevent any eye problems in future.
What are problems looking at screen cause?
Electronic devices emit high-energy, short-wavelength blue and violet light, causing eyestrain and discomfort of being overexposure to it. Recent studies show that children's eyes are more likely to absorb blue light rather than adult's eyes. According to research, screens do not damage the eyes permanently, however, people who consistently look at screens may undergo these symptoms
- Eye discomfort
- Itching in eyes
- Watery or dry eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Difficulty in focusing
- Sensation of burning
- Head and #Neck Pain
Moreover, some pieces of evidence are available that proved watching digital screens before going to bed disturbed the circadian cycle or sleep-wake cycle as blue light disrupts the release of the hormone, melatonin, a hormone that makes us sleep.
Therefore eye specialists advise people not to use devices prior to one hour of going to bed.
Tips to protect the eyes from screens
Here are the ways to protect your eyes from harmful effects of digital screens, according to medical health net. #Head And Neck
- To protect your eyes, the best way is to follow the 20-20-20 rule which implies keep a distance of 20 feet away from the digital screen and take a 20-second break after every 20 minutes.
- While looking screens of digital devices when using them, ensure to take full blinks. Many people blink incompletely while staring at the screen which leads to dryness of the eyes.
- Get regular examination of your eyes. Children should also have a regular examination of their eyes because their eyes are developing between the age of five and thirteen.
- The amount of light in the room should be matched with the light of the screen.
- To prevent strain on eyes and other parts of the body such as head, neck, back, shoulders, etc. user needs to sit upright in front of screens, looking down at screen at an angle of 45 degrees.
- For children, the monitor or screen should be adjusted according to their body size. The distance between the monitor and eye of the children should be 18 to 28 inches. Viewing closer than 18 inches could cause eye strain.
- Light-filtering computer glasses such as photochromic lenses or anti-reflective coating on spectacles protects eyes from harmful effects of digital screens. Consult an ophthalmologist or eye doctor before use
Our Eyes are an Engineering Marvel, Protect Them Digital Eye Strain Is Destroying Your EyesHere is how to identify it, protect yourself, and begin reversing the impact.Eyes are a marvel of biological engineering; small and powerful, they drives our thoughts, actions, and behavior.It is how humans, mostly experience the world.We obtain new knowledge with this organic [...]
Much of life involves looking at a digital screen. Blue light from digital screens causes eye health problems. Blueberry glasses block blue light allowing people to look at screens without the danger of eye damage.In a few short decades, humanity has moved from being fixated on the natural world, to being completely captivated by the images on computer screens. [...]
Technology is pretty amazing — it allows you to have answers at your fingertips in any given moment, you can be connected to people from all over the world, and it can be used not only to enhance your social life, but also for entertainment value, and as an educational tool for children in classrooms. [...]
There's no reason for you to suffer from serious digital eyestrain symptoms, such as blurred vision or dry eyes. Our new line of blue light blocking eyewear can take away your symptoms in no time.Are you currently suffering from issues such as blurred vision and migraine headaches due to spending too many hours in front of a computer? If [...]
If you are suffering from symptoms of digital eyestrain, such as blurred vision or dry eye, it's time to get professional help. Our new line of blue light blocking eyewear is available to help you.It's no fun suffering from symptoms of digital eyestrain. If you suffer from dry eye or other unfortunate side effects of spending too long in [...]
People who stare at pixels and screens all day for work and recreation are susceptible to light blue danger. Special eyewear like Blueberry glasses can block a majority of blue light radiation that is responsible for many chronic eye problems, and other problems like insomnia and mood swings.One of the most unique evolutionary differences between humans and any other [...]
You might have Ultraviolet Light Dangers covered with sunglasses, but what about Blue Light Dangers? Here is important information on Light Blue Blocking Glasses and their usage in preventing Age-Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD).Getting older is not easy. When you have more available time, your body might start to accelerate its deterioration. One malady that could arise is Age-Related Macular Degeneration [...]
Aren’t your eyes, the most sensitive “sensory body part?” Your eyes are continually being barraged by images. If you are experiencing difficulty in sleeping, then Light Blue Glasses might be quite helpful.Insomnia is a problem that becomes worse and worse. In 2011, the NHS reported that one-third of all Britons suffered from insomnia. The problem is that after one bad night, [...]
Have you ever taken a picture, facing the sun? You might have one big, red, blurred, splotch right in the middle. Likewise, computer glare can lead to blurred vision. Computer glasses can help out tremendously.Eyes are the "windows to the soul." They have a very tough assignment in trying to handle all of the information presented in the world. [...]